Monday, September 12, 2011

Journal #6 - Blaming Others

Let's be honest. There is one time when blaming others is allowed. That's what siblings are for, right? If I leave a plate on the counter or a candy wrapper on the couch and my mom questions me about it, of course I am going to blame my brother for it. College ruins this scenario, though. Whenever I go to blame my brother for things, I forget that he no longer lives in our house, and I can't use him to cover for me. Stupid college, you're killing my laziness. However, blaming innocent people (that aren't blood related) is not appropriate. It is beyond disrespectful and rude. When it involves serious matters, blaming others can be considered illegal. For instance, blaming another person for a crime that you witnessed could end up with you in jail for lying. There are harsh consequences for blaming others if you are found out. However, I believe the hardest punishments to deal with are those that you give yourself. Blaming others can cause major build up of regret inside one's self because only you know what you have done. This build up of emotion could cause major depression and moral instability. There is no worse feeling than having a regret or an internal feeling of knowing that you have done wrong. It builds up and all you want to do is come clean, but you can't when it has to do with something bad. All in all, blaming others is bad. Simple as that. You shouldn't do it because it is wrong. Even if it is a sibling, it will eventually come back and bite you in the butt. Whether it's if your parents witness you lying, or if you keep blaming them 18 years later when they are gone to college. Then you just look straight dumb, so pick just do what’s right and pick up that candy wrapper or be honest to your friend about her new haircut because their reaction (good or bad) will be ten times better than the pressure you can cause for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment