Friday, September 16, 2011

Journal #8-Autumn

I would have to consider autumn to be one of my favorite seasons. The warm weather with a slight breeze feels amazing. I also love walking out my front door and seeing the ground covered in leaves and the smell of bonfires outside. It is the perfect season to be outside and celebrate as a family. TIMEOUT! Danny just asked if he could go to the bathroom, and Mr. Langley said, "Not in my room!" K. Wowwww. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Back to autumn... It is a propitious season. (vocab word. whoop, whoop.) It is the season with the best holidays! Halloween and Thanksgiving are awesome! My family doesn't live near Springfield, so I love this time of year because I get to visit them a lot more. Cooking up all of the classic family dishes is my favorite Thanksgiving tradition. I also love dress up with my friends and celebrating the creepy crawly holida that is Halloween. The actual start of fall isn't until September 23, but the weather has already qualified as perfect fall weather. I, too, have already been getting into the spirit of the season. I have attended many bonfires and cooked outside. I also work at a cute little shop and garden in Petersburg, Il. They are having a fall festival in the coming weeks, and I am helping them prepare for it. I am doing things like pulling weeds from the garden, drying flowers, and washing pumpkins. I am really enjoying working their because there is a lot that needs to be done in the fall season. I also love the sports that are played in the fall. I prefer watching football on television (Go Green Bay Packers!), and I prefer watching the soccer team at Pleasant Plains High School. I have also attended several football games at the University of Missouri. The weather is perfect for tailgating before the game and cheering in the stadium. Now that I think about it, autumn might really be my favorite season!

No comments:

Post a Comment