Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Journal #26 - Breaking Laws

My first thought to this question is an obvious reaction. It's never okay to break a law, duh. However, the more I think about it, the more options I can think of for finding one's way around the law. Of course, if you or someone you see is in danger, I think it is okay to break the law. Self defense is not necessarily considered breaking the law, what about if you are defending another person who is in danger? I think the law should be lenient when it comes to protecting others that are unable to protect themselves in a dangerous situation. This wouldn't apply to revenge though. I always see on the Law & Order shows, and even in real life, that when a person is hurt of murdered, another person will try to be the hero, and they will kill the person that caused the danger. I have never been in a situation where people close to me are seriously hurt, so I can't fully relate. I would probably feel like I would want to give the suspect a taste of their own medicine, but I can't imagine that I would ever go through with it. Revenge is honestly one of the ugliest and most annoying ideas to me. I also feel like there are a number of unnecessary laws. Curfew, for example, why does that have to be a law? I think curfew should be set by parents, and that way punishment for late curfews can be set by parents too. As a sixteen year old, I think my curfew is 11 o'clock on weekends--I'm not for sure on that one. I don't see why parents can't be in charge of this part of a child's life. I also know that there are parents out there that are Laissez-Faire and let their children make their own decisions without really punishing them. I'm just speaking in general terms, but it's likely that the kids with parents who don't care that they are out til 2 in the morning are doing something else illegal at that time. Just skip over the curfew aspect and I'm sure you'll find something else illegal happening. All I'm saying is that curfew is an unnecessary law that cops could be a little more lenient on before accusing a minor of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment