Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Journal #23 - Scary Story/Movie

I try to avoid scary movies at all costs. The smallest surprise would make me scream. I can't do gory, let alone thrillers. To be honest, I still get uncomfortable watching the beginning of Law and Order because I know something bad is going to happen. 4 minutes. 4 minutes into Law and Order and it's safe. The scary part is over, and the DUN-duh duh-dundun theme music is on. Trust me, that's from years of avoiding the scary, creepy scenes. Whenever I find out that there is a party where scary movies will be played, I usually make up an excuse to not go. Why go to a party and have to cover my face and be a nervous wreck all night? There are so many other things I would rather be doing. I do have on trick however, when a trailer comes on for a scary film, whether it be in the movie theatre or at home on the TV, I keep my face looking forward, but I move my eyes to the side of the room. That way I don't look like an idiot for being totally afraid of a commercial. Plus, whenever the person I am with turns to me and says, "Oh my gosh! That looks so good." I can slightly nod and whisper "Mhmm" when I never even watched the clip in the first place.
The scariest movie that I have ever seen has to be The Children of the Corn. I wouldn't even consider it scary considering how old it is, but it's one of my favorites. Having seen it about twelve times, I know what's going to happen next, so I don't get scared. However, there are like 7 different Children of the Corn films. I have seen about three of them. (It's an obsession my neighbor and I have with eighties movies. I promise I'm not a complete weirdo that sits at home watching COTC [that's what the cool kids say it] every Friday night. Well, most Friday nights...) If I were to see say number five for the first time, it is very likely that I would be terrified.
Scary movies get you with the creepy background music. I promise that if the badum-badum heart beat sound didn't happen while the scary monster was approaching the young, innocent girl, the films would not be scary. Also, new scary movies have all the crazy special effects that give evil guys yucky faces and weird noises. It's just all way too much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment