Thursday, January 5, 2012

Journal #22 - Sledding


Awaking to a pure white covered hill,
I'm out of bed cause there's time to kill.
I layer lots of clothing to stay warm
out in the wonderful December storm.
Once dressed nice and cozy, I rush upstairs
to mention sledding and see if mom cares.
She says yes and reminds me to be safe,
I jump for joy, and I'm off with a wave.
My first step in the snow is a great one,
and the purest white snow reflects the sun.
My layers make it difficult to move
I rush as if there's something to prove.
I place my sled upon the soft, white ground
Quiet and clean, there is no one around.
With a quick leap, I am onto my sled.
"It's time for breakfast come inside," Mom said.
No! I could not, I was just getting good!
For sure, a couple more quick rounds I could.
I would glide fast down those snow covered hills, 
And avoid bushes with my newfound skills.
I will hurry so breakfast is still warm.
Maybe I will beat the oven alarm.
This is it, my final, downhill slope ride,
I love sledding! There's no rules to abide!

2 comments:

  1. I think this was pretty good because it rhymed and had iambic pentameter. I don't know if we are supposed to say something negative this time, but I can't think of anything because it met all the stipulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you start the poem off with you waking up and seeing that there is snow! And then you continue to tell about your day sledding and I like how its play by play. I enjoy the way you write.

    ReplyDelete