Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Journal #21 - Snowy Scene

Although it is just the beginning of January, we are half way through the winter season. Winter is known for being the coldest of seasons in the Midwest and usually involves snow and ice. However, the season has been lacking these conditions in the past year. Because Springfield, Illinois has not yet seen white covered ground, I will have to use my memory and imagination to come up with the most beautiful snow scene. I take one step and my foot disappears in the soft, white snow that covers over a foot of the Springfield, Il ground. I love the scene that snow covered ground creates. The pathways are hidden and the greenery has disappeared, so I have to blindly find my way through my front yard. Each step creates a unique path behind me. The very firat footsteps of the year are always special ones. They ruin the beautiful sheet of snow that is created by the atmosphere, and instead add imperfections to the once perfect scene. My feet crunch, crunch against the somewhat hollow mineral. When My footsteps reach the middle of the front yard, I pause to take a look around. The houses, driveways, and forest land that make up my neighborhood are covered in snow. I can no longer see Ainsley's mailbox that stands just yards away because of the fog that the white substance has created. A strong wind blows and pushes me out of my still position. I can feel my face becoming blushed and chapped from the harsh weather conditions. Conditions that my pale an dry skin can hardly handle. The beauty of the season is not enough to make me like it considering all the upkeep that has to be made for my sensitive skin. The freezing temperatures reach my hands informing me that it is time to go back inside. Following my previously made footsteps, I make my way back to the front door. Taking one more glance behind me, I say goodbye to the pure white snow and head inside for a nice mug of hot cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment