Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Journal #24 - Spooked

I rarely get spooked, so this journal is going to be difficult. Somebody can set up and plan a prank for hours, but I will show little emotion once the prank has been pulled. However, if someone was to stand behind a doorway and jump out when I was was passing through, I would jump and shriek and make the biggest scene anyone has ever made. It's simple, stupid jokes like that that really freak me out. My heart pounds and I have a huge rush go through my body. Some people like the feeling of being spooked, but I absolutely hate it. It makes me feel so out of control and crazy. I wish I was the type of person that could throw a punch whenever someone tries to scare them. I always see the videos of people scaring others, and then getting knocked out because the victim has such great reflexes. Can you imagine someone jumping out from behind a door and me just giving them a strong, right jab to the face? Haha that would be so great! One specific time when I was completely spooked was my freshman year of high school. It was still early on in the year, so I didn't feel fully comfortable with the high school layout and my classes yet. I was headed down the short flight of stairs it takes to get to Mrs. Durbin's english class in the basement. I was turning the corner and entering the small hallway down there when an older girl jumped out from the doorway. She was in her junior year, and I had only seen her face a couple of times before. I screamed to loud and fell to the ground with terror, dropping my literature book and pencil bag on the way down. The girl started laughing and claimed that she thought I was her friend. She apologized multiple times. As she helped me up, her friend walked through the doorway and asked what just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment