Monday, November 21, 2011

Journal #18- Autumn

Living in the country, it is easy to be taken back by the beauty of nature. My neighborhood has many road turns and is lined with trees and fields. Autumn takes over the leaves and turns my neighborhood into a yellow, golden field of dreams. It's the only time of year where I actually enjoy taking the garbage out. The minute I walk outside the autumn breeze takes my hair, and the scent of fall takes over my nose. I can't exactly put into detail this scent. It's so amazing, but I can't seem to put to the right adjectives together to describe it. Fall weather is also a favorite of mine. Nice warm weather allows you to wear shorts one day, and then a cool, breezy days calls for jeans the next. The autumn season was considered an Indian Summer this year because of the lasting warm weather conditions we had. Because of this, autumn was my favorite season of 2012.

I took my dog out for a walk one autumn day, and I kept getting caught up in the colors of the trees. This year, Springfield had great, lasting fall colors in the leaves. Distances of gold and red were all over the city. I also got caught up driving to school every day. The journey to Pleasant Plains from my house is full of trees and forest scenery. It definitely made the twenty minute drive more relaxing getting to see all the vibrantly colored leaves. One plant I found near my house had leaves fading from a purple/red to a golden/yellow. It was so gorgeous and interesting to see. One bush containing about six colors, it was amazing to see.

Autumn is also the perfect season for one of my favorite activities: Bonfires! Getting your friends together and warming up by the fire is the best. The taste of burnt marshmallow that melt in your mouth are undescribable, and mixing it with chocolate and graham crackers is even better. The best stories are told at bonfires, and they really make you appreciate the time and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment