Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Journal #15- Ways to Contribute from a Distance

As of just learning about this project today, I am not to excited about it. I enjoy learning about Benjamin Franklin's thirteen virtues, but I work better as an individual. Having to do a video project with a group of people from a different class, not to mention a different town, is going to be very difficult. Most of the time when people work in groups, one person ends up doing all the work, and in my case, it's usually me doing all of the work. I am going to a large issue if that is the case this time because it's a big video project, and I don't want to be doing that. I just hope I don't get a group of people who intend on not working and relying on me because I am the honors student. In order to make sure that this is not the case, I am going t have to find several ways that I can communicate with the students from other schools in order to be in contact at all times. That way we can keep up on schedule and be able to turn our work in when the deadlines are due. One way I can make sure that this communication is made is through social networks, such as Facebook and twitter. I can add my group members and message them quickly and easily. Communication will be easy to keep up on because I am on Facebook constantly. If a group member doesn't have a Facebook or Twitter, we could always talk back and forth via email. I would actually prefer that over social networking because that way you don't have to deal with all the unnecessary pop ups and gadgets that Facebook has. If the computer communication was absolutely impossible, my group members and I could always refer back to the 1960's when computers were unavailable. We could use our feather and ink to write out handwritten letters. We would have to incllude lots of information into each letter considering they won't be received for many days. This, of course, is only if technology is out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment